Earth Science Discovery
Students will participate in a series of hands-on activities exploring various earth science concepts such as the rock cycle, water cycle and carbon cycle. Workshop activities are led by UA students and align with AZ State and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Rock Cycle Station: Students will explore the rock cycle as they use Starburst candy to model the processes involved in creating different types of rocks.
- Soil Station: Students will texture different soil types and identify soils by different characteristics.
- Microbes Station: Students will learn about the diverse lives of microbes found below earth’s surface.
- Water Station: Students will learn about the water cycle and how water erodes land overtime.
- Critical Zone Station: Students will explore the layers of the earth that support life and create their own critical zone in a cup.
3rd - 6th Grades
10 - 35 students
(over 35 students will require two registrations)
February 7 through April 27, 2023
Tuesdays and Thursdays
9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Standard K-12 School/Youth Organization
Base Rate: $80 for up to 10 participants
+ $8 for each additional participant
Title I K-12 Schools
Base Rate: $60 for up to 10 participants
+ $6 for each additional participant
|Limited grant funding is available for Title I schools for Discovery Workshops and transportation. Contact us for details.
(NOTE: Grant funding covers the cost of the discovery workshop only. It does not cover the optional add-on experiences.)
Teachers and Chaperones
Teachers are free.
Chaperones are the same price as a participant listed above ($6 to $8 each).
Due to room capacity in the Discovery Labs, the number of adults accompanying your group is limited to 5.
- Select Earth Science Discovery