Hours and Admission
The Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium inspires visitors of all ages with the wonders of science. Located on the University of Arizona campus, Flandrau offers planetarium shows powered by a state-of-the-art fulldome digital projection system and hands-on science exhibits about science topics from earth to space, and more. Come enjoy fun, captivating science for the whole family!
Beginning May 15th, Flandrau will be open Thursdays through Sundays for timed public visitor sessions with limited guest capacity. Sessions fill quickly, all guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance.
Recommended age for exhibits: 6 and up.
Hours & Sessions
Beginning May 15th
Timed Visitor Sessions
Thursdays – Sundays
- 10am – Noon
- 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- 3pm – 5pm
Each session includes self-guided exploration of exhibits during the first hour, and a planetarium show the second hour. Planetarium shows differ by session.Session Info & Shows
2-hour session admission includes General Admission to the Science Center Exhibit Halls and 1 Planetarium Show
- Adults: $18
- Seniors (55+) and Military: $16
- Children (4-17): $14
- College ID Holders: $14
Sessions fill quickly, all guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance.
Discounted admission prices for members! For more information click here!
Purchase Tickets Online
Directions & Parking
1601 E. University Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85721
Flandrau is accessible via Cherry Ave south of Speedway or via Cherry Ave north of E. Sixth Street off National Championship Drive.
PLEASE NOTE: University Blvd. between Campbell Ave and Cherry Ave is closed for State Vaccination POD traffic only.
Due to the State COVID-19 Vaccination POD on the University of Arizona campus, please click below for an up-to-date map with parking options and street closures.
Museums for All
Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium is proud to be part of the Museums for All program which extends discounted general admission to EBT cardholders through SNAP or TANF who are 18 years of age or older. Current EBT card and a valid photo ID must be presented at time of purchase. Cardholders receive general admission for $3 per person for themselves and immediate family upon presentation of their EBT card at the Ticket Desk.
This benefit is only valid during regular hours and cannot be used for separate ticketed special events or combined with any other offer/discount. Admission is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other products or services.
Please take a moment to review some of the changes we’ve implemented. We ask you to please adhere to the new guidelines for the safety and well-being of all.
- Masks are encouraged, and are available at the Front Desk.
- If you or a member of your group have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or someone with symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 72 hours, please reschedule your visit for a later date.
- If you or someone in your group is feeling ill or experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, please reschedule your visit for a later date.
- High touch components are thoroughly sanitized between uses. Visitors will also be issued a stylus for use on touchscreens, elevator buttons and other exhibit interactives.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout the science center.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented including frequent sanitizing of high-touch areas throughout the exhibit halls and restrooms as well as sanitizing the theater between uses.