Junior Astronomer Camp-Ins at Flandrau are a great way for your group to immerse themselves in a science experience never to be forgotten! In addition to an evening of science and astronomy activities, Camp-Ins are overnight adventures where students can sleep amongst the exhibits.
What you get:
* Hands-on activities, such as making star finders
* Science center galleries all to yourself
* Age-appropriate planetarium show
* Viewing through our Observatory telescope (weather permitting)
* Late night snack
* Sleeping bag sleepover
Who can attend?
* Any group with children in the 2nd grade and up.
* Ideal for scouts, church groups, birthday parties and any other youth groups with a sense of adventure!
* Any size group is welcome (with 1 chaperone required for every 8 campers) but we must have a minimum, with all groups combined, of 30 campers to run the event. All dates will be subject to cancellation if the required total is not met.
Camp-In Times & Dates:
Camp-ins can be booked on Friday or Saturday evenings throughout the year. All dates are subject to availability. Campers should check-in in the Science Center Lobby at 6:00 p.m. on the evening of the camp-in. Departure is at 8:30 a.m. the following morning.
After registering at 6:00 p.m., your group can start with pizza dinner for an additional $6.00 per person, or you can instruct campers to eat dinner before coming if you would rather get right into the fun! The Science Center will provide a late night snack and a light breakfast in the morning. (Group leaders must bring food for campers with special dietary needs.)
* $40 per camper
* $20 per chaperone (1 chaperone for every 8 students is required)
How do we sign up?
You can request a reservation via our online reservation form, found here. You will hear back from our reservation specialist to confirm. A 50% deposit is required to hold your reservation. Final payment can be made when you check in for your camp-in. A 25% cancellation fee will be charged to all groups who cancel less than two weeks before the event.